Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Top 5 CD's of the Year

Earlier in the day, Michael and I were discussing our favorite CD's that came out in 2009, we realized that this should have been posted a little before the year ended but we were hung over so we didn't really care. So here they are, my top 5 CD's that came out in 2009.

1. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavillion
I've already expressed my feelings about this CD. From start to finish it is amazing.
2. Neon Indian - Psychic Chasms
I literally got this CD a week ago and I can't stop listening to it. The whole vibe from the CD is happy. Every song flows so well together with a proper blend of mellow and moving music.
3. The Almighty Defenders - S/T
As soon as I found the mp3 of "Cone of Light" I was hooked. At the time, I didn't even know the Black Lips had something to do with, which in retrospect obviously made me like the CD more. The entire story behind the CD is amazing as well, it's a perfect CD to play when you're hangin' with the bro's and drinkin' some beer.
4. Deer Tick - Born on Flag Day
The moment I found the first song on this CD on myspace, I was craving more. Low and behold, the CD comes out and it absolutely amazing. "Straight Into A Storm" had me dancing like my cousins were getting married in Louisiana and the hidden cover of "Goodnight Irene" makes me want to crack a fresh Coors and zone out.
5. Wavves - Wavvves
I got this CD early in the year but I wasn't really into the lo-fi aspect. Then one day I went skating with this CD playing on my iPod and it was all down hill from there. I don't care that two of my favorite bands (Black Lips and Wavves) hate each.

No comments:

Post a Comment