Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A True Story Is About To Follow


"What the fuck?" were the words coming out of Michael's mouth as this photo was snapped. We were messing around with another portrait that we had previously screwed up. After taking some test shots, helping some drunk friends out and moved some flashes we had achieved the shot I wanted within two tries. After we had taken care of said drunks, we had some time to mess around with lighting. As we were consuming some beers I thought of an angle (which I was convinced that I had practiced before) where I pointed only one of my flashes up towards the ceiling, bouncing the light onto the subject (Michael Robertwayne Bell) and somehow managing not to have a distinct shadow ruin the shot. Fortunately, or maybe magically, I snapped this shot first try. The thing I absolutely love about this portrait is the fact that Michael was actually saying, "What the fuck?" as the photo was shot, thus making it my greatest achievement in portrait photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment