Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Spin Magazine's CD of the Year


I wasn't that into this CD when it came out, I mean of course the song "My Girls" was an instant classic but the rest of the CD didn't hit me until I researched it a bit and read the lyrics. The explosion of melodies on the opening track, "In The Flowers" had my feet moving as I was doing laundry. The feelings I felt as I read the lyrics to "Summertime Clothes" had me packing my bags ready to move to New York so I could experience the bliss Avey Tare was referring to. Finishing the CD off with "Brothersport" makes me reminisce on the amazing mood I was just in while listening to the CD and more times then not, has me restarting the CD. After all of that set in, I was frothing at the mouth to see them live (which was already on my list of things to do before I die). I can remember exactly what I was doing when I found out this CD was coming out as well as the extreme sadness I felt when I realized that they were playing back-to-back shows in Hollywood that were already sold out, with tickets going for $90+ a ticket on Craigslist. Luckily my dream came true and on May 29th, 2009 I got to witness my favorite band in their flesh. Some people love them(especially me), some people hate them, either way it's amazing music and this CD leaves you craving more.

No comments:

Post a Comment