Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Marquis Was On A Boat

This is from Thrashers article when Emerica went to Paris a few months ago.

"Back on the boat, the close quarters led to some funny episodes, like the night Spanky and I bumped into each other at 4 am, both trying to get Marquise to stop snoring. It’s usually me sawing logs the loudest on these trips, but positioned between Minor, Jet, and Marquise, Spanky was in a Bermuda’s Triangle of sleep apnea. When I first heard the noise, I thought maybe something was rubbing up against the outside of the boat. As I walked out to the living room to see Marquise sprawled on his back, I saw Spanky was also up. For a second we stood over him together and looked at each other, each waiting for the other guy to fix it. Finally Spanky made a move, rolling Marquise 
over slightly so that the high-pitched wheeze turned into a low grumble. Some nights on the boat were so loud it seemed like everyone was snoring simultaneously, like one giant snore symphony. All except Spanky, that is. His epiglottis is just too goddamn handsome to vibrate in such a coarse manner. "

And just to keep with the theme of the month...

No comments:

Post a Comment